The season is gradually shifting from spring to summer..and then cool again! Basil, cabbage (last week it’s available!), squash, zucchini, and new potatoes are in full swing now and available in varying preserving quantities! Okra has just begun producing now and it won’t be long before we have enough to sell! Our very first “teaser” bell peppers and tomatoes are nearly ready but the main season harvest will be later.
We use no chemical herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers etc. and try to do our best to raise everything naturally and with excellence. You are welcome to come out to see where your food is raised and talk with the farmers!
Know your farmer to know your food!
All produce is available first come, first served.
Please be prepared to find the occasional bug bite or insect in your produce… evidence that you’re getting healthy, naturally raised food!
Garden Samplers & Shares
A conveniently selected mix of currently available produce ready for you to pick up and take home. Several people say a garden share is like opening a present every time they dig into the sack to see what they received! Share & Sampler pricing varies from week to week depending on what crops are in season. Samplers contain a smaller selection of the currently available produce than shares. The total amount is less than our average garden shares, but contains enough of a few select crops to make a nice serving.
- Small Garden Sampler (enough produce for a couple of nice servings of a few select crops) $11.00
- Large Garden Sampler (enough produce for several nice servings of a few select crops) $19.00
- 1/2 Garden share (typically supplies a couple or individual their produce needs for one week) $15.00
- 1 Full garden share (typically supplies a family of four their produce needs one week) $26.00
- Cabbage (Green)- minimum of 1-1/2 lb. and we will try to be within 1/2 lb. of your requested weight: SALE! $1.75 per lb., 10-24 lbs. $1.00 per lb. (regular $1.50 per lb.), 25+ lbs $0.75 per lb. (regular $1.25
- Parsley: $1.00 per oz., $2.25 per 1/4 lb., $6.00 per 1/2 lb., $8.50
- Basil Sale!: $2.00 per oz., $5.00 per 1/2 lb. (Regular $8.25 per 1/2 lb.), $8.50 per lb. (Regular $14.00 per lb.)
- New Potatoes: $2.00 per lb., $1.75 per lb. for 5-24 lbs., $1.50 per lb. for 25+ lbs.
- Yellow straight neck squash & zucchini:
- #1′s $1.50 per 1/2 lb., $2.75 per lb., $2.50 per lb. for 5+ lbs.
- 2nds: $1.50 per 1/2 lb., $2.50 per lb., $2.25 per lb. for 5+ lbs.
- Baking size (occasionally available. We will get as close to your requested weight as possible. 2 lbs. minimum): $1.00 per lb. or $0.75 per lb. for 5+ lbs.
- Lambs Quarter (An old time favorite spring green. May be used fresh mixed in salads, sauteed or cooked like spinach): $2.25 per 1/2 lb., $4.00 per lb.
See ordering information at the bottom of this page.
Unpasteurized honey produced in eastern Kansas.
Quart: $13.50(Currently sold out)
- 1/2 Gallon: $26.00
- Gallon: $45.00
Produce and honey prices include all applicable sales tax for on-farm pick up. Occasionally Independence and Coffeyville deliveries are available for an extra charge.
The right to correct pricing errors is reserved by Mitchell Family Farm.
Need directions to the farm? Contact us by email and we’ll send you a map!
Throughout the growing season:
- We harvest vegetables and fruits as they are ready and pack custom orders and shares twice a week.
- Packing days are Tuesday and Friday
- Call or email in your order by 11 p.m. the day before the packing day.
- Your order will be ready by 4 p.m. on packing day. Please arrive before dusk. Next day pick up is fine.
- We will try to assist you when you come to pick up your order, but if we are not available your ticket will be stapled to your sack.
- Please leave your payment in the honor system envelope that is located inside the left-hand door of the cooler (west end) if we aren’t around.
Email: email@example.com Call: 620-330-1966