No, not THAT kind of explosion… but the way the produce has grown in the past week it has seemed like an explosion of GREEN! 🙂
Tuesday’s harvest was abundant…
but, the hoophouse is still full to the edges of beautiful greens.
- Harvest days are Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Josh would like to have your order by 11 p.m. the night before so he knows how to plan his harvest day.
- Your order will be ready for pick up by 5 pm.
- We will try to assist you when you come to pick up your order, but if we are not around your ticket will be stapled to your sack.
- There is an honor system envelope on the left-hand side of the cooler as you open up the doors (west end) that you may place your payment in if we aren’t around.
Green onions: $1 for 12, 1 lb for $3.00, 2 lbs. for $5.00 Simply delicious sautéed or chopped in salads and stir-fries!
Beet greens or baby/small beets with tops: $3.25 per lb. or $3.00 per lb. for 5+lbs. These may be chopped in fresh salads, used as cooking greens or frozen for use later!
Radishes: (specify with or without tops otherwise it will be at our discretion) $1.50 for 8 oz. or $2.25 per lb.
Small Daikon Radishes: (without tops unless specified otherwise) $1.75 for 8 oz. or $2.50 per lb.
White Spring Turnips: (specify with or without tops otherwise it will be at our discretion) $1.75 for 8 oz. or $2.50 per lb.
Swiss Chard: $3.00 per lb. or $2.75 per lb. for 5+ lbs. The stems of Swiss Chard may be cooked in soups as a celery substitute or eaten raw!
Buttercrunch lettuce: $2.00 for 8 oz or $3.50 per lb.
Young Bok Choi: $2.00 per lb.
Small Tatsoi: $2.50 per lb. May be used the same as bok choi or spinach raw in salads, cooked or stir-fried. This green is unique in that its flavor is similar to spinach yet grows in a head somewhat like bok choi, but doesn’t have as much water in the stems which makes it ideal for stir-fries.
Mizuna $1 for 4 oz. or $3.50 per lb.
Spinach: $2.25 for 8 oz. or $4.00 per lb.
Kale: Specify if you want the Vates (green) or Red Russian variety otherwise we will mix them or have Vates only. $1.75 for 8 oz. or $3.00 per lb.
Arugula:$1.50 for 4 oz. or $4.00 per lb.
Young lettuce mix: $2.75 for 8 oz. or 4.75 per lb.
Young greens mix: These “young greens” are tasty and tender but need a little chopping to prepare for a salad. $2.75 for 8 oz. or $4.75 per lb.