We are nearing the end of the season here on Mitchell Family Farm. Between our wonderful customers purchasing produce and the extreme cold, the produce in the hoop houses is almost finished. Now is the time to order if you would like some fresh local greens to finish out the year. Our greens are fresh-picked so if you order now and keep them properly packaged and refrigerated they will stay good so you can enjoy fresh greens into January!
We also now have honey again! Prices are as follows:
- Quart (glass jar): $13.50
- Half-gallon (glass jar): $26.00
- Gallon (plastic jug): $45.00
Note some produce items are limited quantity.
- Full Share: $15 (a diverse mix of currently available produce with approximately a $16-17 value)
- Half Share: $10 (a diverse mix of currently available produce with approximately a $11 – $12 value)
We will have a trade basket available and you may trade a sack of produce from your share for another in the trade basket if you desire. Please note that the young greens will not typically be available in the shares.
The full share typically will feed a family of four for one week if they really enjoy their greens while the half share is geared toward a family that uses a smaller amount of greens in a week or couples and individuals.
Green onions: $1 for 1/4 lb. (usually around a dozen depending on the size), 1 lb for $3.00, 2 lbs. for $5.00
Green onions – patch run (minimally rinsed, nothing done with the green tops and may be in clumps with several green onions growing together) $1.25 per lb. 5 lbs. minimum order
Swiss chard: $2.00 for 8 oz., $3.25 per lb. or 5+ lbs $3.00 per lb.
Spinach: $2.25 for 8 oz., $4.00 per lb. or 5+ lbs $3.75 per lb.
Arugula: $1.50 for 4 oz. or $4.00 per lb.
Kale: $1.75 for 8 oz., $3.00 per lb.
Limited Quantities available:
Beet greens: (a few may have baby/small beets with the tops) $3.25 per lb.
Beets: $1.50 per lb
Daikon radishes: (without tops) $2.50 per lb.
White spring turnips:(without tops) $1.75 for 8 oz. or $2.50 per lb. (These turnips are a mild cousin to the fall purple-top turnip)
Green and red romaine, leaf and buttercrunch lettuce: $2.00 for 8 oz or $3.50 per lb.
- Harvest Days – Tuesday & Friday
- Email or call in your produce order by 11 p.m. the evening before and it will be ready for pick up by 5 p.m.
- Pick up your produce at your convenience anytime between dawn and dusk before the next harvest day.
We will try to assist you when you come to pick up your order, but if we are not available your ticket will be stapled to your sack. An honor system envelope is inside the left-hand door of the cooler (west end) for your payment if we aren’t around.